Small Footprint Sparx-5i family of Ethernet Switches for High-Performance, Increased Connectivity and Network Optimization
Microchip has introduced the Sparx-5i family of single-chip, high-performance, small-footprint, full-featured 3- to 52-port Ethernet switches for increased connectivity and network optimization in a wide variety of applications. The new solution supports the key TSN IEEE standards such as IEEE 1588v2 and IEEE 802.1AS-REV profile for Time Synchronization, IEEE 802.1Qbv for Traffic Shaping, IEEE 802.1Qbu/802.3br for Delay Reduction, IEEE 802.1Qci for Stream Policing and IEEE 802.1CB for Seamless Redundancy.
With the end-to-end transmission of high priority traffic and extremely low latency, the family supports standard L2/L3 Ethernet with up to 200G of bandwidth, incorporating 100M, 1G, 2.5G, 5G, 10G, and 25 GbE interfaces for the most flexible connectivity solution available in the market. These innovative features, robustness, and high-temperature operation make them a suitable solution for Internet of Things (IoT), enterprise, carrier, consumer electronics, computing, Industry 4.0 factory automation, and automotive designs.
The new Ethernet switch devices can be supported by the VSC6817SDK IStaX Linux Application Software integrated advanced L2+ switch features, such as QCLs and ACLs, and includes support for key TSN features.
Features of Sparx-5i family of Ethernet Switches
- High-performance, full-featured 3- to 52-port 1/2.5/10 Gbps Ethernet switches
- Full VLAN and Quality of Service (QoS) support
- Layer 2 and layer 3 forwarding
- Operations, Administration, Maintenance (OAM), performance monitoring, Service Activation Testing (SAT)
- MEF CE 2.0 Ethernet Virtual Connections (EVCs)
- IEEE® 1588v2 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) support
- Access Control List (ACL) layer 2, 3, and 4 packet processing
- Fault tolerance redundancy engine
- Industrial (−40°C to 85°C) and automotive (−40°C to 105°C) temperature options available
Note: More technical information can be found in the KSZ8462HLI/FHLI Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and on the product page of the Sparx-5i family of Ethernet Switches.